For serious water treatment in nearly every situation, rely on Aquamira Water Treatment. Aquamira Water Treatment unlocks the power of Chlorine Dioxide to kill bacteria and enhance the taste of treated water. Small size, long shelf life, and high efficacy make this the ideal solution for anyone in any situation around the world. Unlike iodine or other treatments, Aquamira won’t discolor your water and actually improves its taste.
Our EPA registered chlorine dioxide formula has consistently proven to be effective in clear, muddy, warm and cold water. Small size, portability and long shelf life allows this highly effective treatment method to be easily carried and used by individuals anywhere in the world. Each kit contains everything you need to treat up to 30 gallons of water.
Chlorine dioxide, a well established disinfectant is the active ingredient in Aquamira Water Treatment. Chlorine dioxide is iodine and chlorine free. The unique formula works by releasing nascent oxygen, a highly active form of oxygen, which is a strong oxidant and a powerful germicidal agent. Chlorine dioxide has been used by municipal water treatment plants to kill a variety of waterborne pathogens since the late 1940s. Unlike free chlorine (familiar as household bleach) or other halogen chemicals (such as iodine), chlorine dioxide does not create potentially harmful by-products.
Aquamira’s key benefits are clearly evident when compared to the other common portable water treatment chemical: iodine. Most importantly, chlorine dioxide is a significantly stronger oxidant than iodine, with greater pathogen killing power. Unlike iodine, chlorine dioxide does not discolor water, nor does it give water an unpleasant taste. In fact, chlorine dioxide is often used to improve the taste of water by neutralizing unpleasant flavors. Aquamira 1 oz. is packaged in conveniently sized, light weight, dropper tipped bottles for easily treating smaller volumes of water.