Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T) – New Style Red Tip / Tactical Black Generation 7.
Noted as the best prehospital tourniquet in the February 2008 supplement of The Journal of Trauma
The patented C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research. Tests proved that the C-A-T® completely occluded blood flow of an extremity in the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage.
The C-A-T® utilizes a durable windlass system with a patented free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A hook and loop windlass retention strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The C-A-T®’s unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
The patented Combat Application Tourniquet® (C-A-T®) featuring the proprietary red tip design and the mechanical advantage of a band within a band has been the Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army since 2005. The innovations in the C-A-T® are protected by U.S. Patent
Nos. 7,842,067 and 7,892,253.
Item#: 30-0001 NSN#: 6515-01-521-7976
1. Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army
2. Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research
3. Featuring NAR’s Red Tip Technology™ with a red elliptical tip to assist user in locating and threading during application
4. Reinforced windlass clip & highly visible security tab includes a writeable area to record the time of application.
1. Windlass rod is twice as strong as before with an increased diameter and improved grip
2. Reinforced windlass clip & highly visible security tab includes a writeable area to record the time of application
3. Featuring NAR’s Red Tip Technology® with a red elliptical tip to assist user in locating and threading during application
1. Awarded as one of the “Top 10 Greatest Inventions” by the U.S. Army
2. Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army
3. Used by both conventional and Special Operation forces
4. Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research
5. True, one-handed application tourniquet
6. Quickly controls life-threatening extremity bleeding
7. Recommended by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care
8. Designed to perform in all weather conditions
9. Small and cost-effective
10. Protected by U.S. Patent Nos. 7,842,067 and 7,892,253
1. Packaged: L 6.5 in. x W 2.4 in. x D 1.5 in.
2. Open Length: 37.5 in.
3. Weight: 2.7 oz
Click link below for short video.