EMP SAFE with 2 HT Radios Communications Kit
Our EMP SAFE Communications Kit is the next step in preparedness we offer to ensure that you have the ability to communicate with other people after an emergency event has happened. It starts out as a standard 30 cal military ammo box, and is then modified to be EMP resistant. After the modification the storage box is no longer waterproof but it now enables you securely store and shield your electronic devices and electronic storage media from Electromagnetic Pulse Radiation.
EMP SAFE Communications kit includes:
1. EMP SAFE CAN to store the following communications components safely and securely in until needed.
2. Two Adjustable power 1 to 5 Watt output Dual Band Two-Way handheld radios, (BaoFeng UV-5RA), that are programmed to receive the Family Radio Frequencies, (FRS), General Mobile Radio Service (GMRS), Multi-Use Radio Service (MURS), and to receive all the National Weather Service Channels.
Additionally this radio is capable of sending and receiving HAM radio frequencies on the 2 MHz and 440 MHz bands for increased range of communications. It is 100% LEGAL to LISTEN and MONITOR these frequencies. However to LEGALLY TRANSMIT on these frequencies requires the basic HAM Technician’s license and additional programming to the radio. In a true emergency situation, any means of communications is permissible.
3. Two charging cradles for radio with AC adapters
4. Two External microphones and earpieces.
5. Two External magnetic mount antenna and adapters to increase transmission and receiving range of the radios.
6. One compact Solar panel with multiple adapters to charge the radio and other 3 to 12 VDC batteries and electronic devices.
7. List of local frequencies to monitor weather, emergency services and HAM emergency channel.
Click the video below for a review.