Follow the link below for instructions on how to build a cheap and portable 2 meter YAGI Antenna from PVC, a metal tape measure using simple hand tools.
List of Materials you will need:
· 1 – Broken –or- Cheap tape measure, at least a 5/8 inch wide one, but a 1 inch wide would be better
· 3 feet of 1/2 inch schedule 40 PVC pipe
· 3 – 1/2 inch schedule 40 cross connectors
· 2 – 1/2 inch schedule 50 caps
· +/- 4 feet coax cable with the connector of your choice, depending on your radios antenna connection attached on one end (UHF, BNC, SMA, etc.) and the other end stripped back about 1 ½ inches so shield wire and core conductors can be separated and soldered.
· 6 – #12 (11/16 inch to 1 1/4 inch) hose clamps (Alternatively you could use self taping screws to attach the tape to the PVC but you would need additional tools such as an electric drill and drill bits)
· Black electrical tape
· 5 inch piece of solid wire for hairpin tuning component (12 to 18 gauge will work)
· Hacksaw or PVC pipe cutter
· Soldering iron or gun
· PVC cement
· Electronic solder
· Wire cutter
· Sharpie Black Marker
· Flat blade screw driver or 5/16 inch nut driver to tighten hose clamps.
· Optional electric drill and drill bit
Here’s the Link: