US ARMY IFAK
Product Description: The IFAK will be issued to every Soldier via the Soldier as a System (SaaS) Rapid Fielding Initiative (RFI). Weighing one pound, the IFAK will consist of expendable medical items packaged inside of a modified MOLLE 100 round SAW ammo pouch.
Benefit Against the Threat: The IFAK increases individual Soldier capabilities to provide Self- Aid / Buddy-Aid and provides interventions for two leading causes of death on the battlefield, severe hemorrhage and inadequate airway. These capabilities increase Soldier survivability during dispersed operations and the expandable pouch allows for METT-C specific.
Fielding and Ordering Guidance: The IFAK is included as a component of the RFI fielding schedule and will address all deployed and deploying units.
· Field tourniquet with instructions
· Bardex Nasopharyngeal Airway
· Package of rubber gloves
· Tape & Gauze
· Compression bandage for Trauma Wound Dressing
· All items secured in their own fold open package inside the MOLLE pack for security and stability, this kit is Jumpable.
· Inside unfolding pouch is secured to main pouch with cord for additional security